1) Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
2) Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
3) A lion in the wild usually makes no more than twenty kills a year.
4) A new born kangaroo is small enough to fit in a tea spoon.
5) There is an average of 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.
6) In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they’re moose hunting.
7) The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
8) The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.
9) Some male songbirds sing more than 2000 times each day.
10) The only mammals to undergo menopause are elephants, humpback whales, and human females.
11) The chicken and fish are the only animals that are eaten before they are born and after they die.
12) A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food.
13) For every human in the world there are one million ants.
14) Cows can sleep standing up, but they can only dream lying down.
15) The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet.
16) A housefly hums in the key of F
17) To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaw, push your thumb into its eyeballs-it will let you go instantly.
18) Alligators can live up to 100 years.
19) A single elephant teeth can weigh as much as 9 pounds.
20) During World War II, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
Source: The Fact Side